10 Reasons To See
10 Reasons to See Your Eye Doctor
1) Many serious, sight-threatening eye diseases have no early signs.
2) Every day your ability to work, play, relax or enjoy hobbies depends on sharp, clear vision.
3) Among the most common reasons people see their eye doctors are headaches and eye strain. Both can often be corrected by proper vision treatment.
4) Changes in our environment increase risks to your vision through ultraviolet exposure, eye strain and irritation from pollution. This makes preventive eyecare more important than ever.
5) Early pediatric eye examinations are the only reliable way to prevent children from developing amblyopia, known as "lazy eye."
6) Ninety percent of people age 45 and over need eyeglasses because they develop presbyopia, an inability to see up close.
7) Half of people with glaucoma risk permanent vision loss because they do not know they have it. Or, they stop treatment, mistakenly believing that the treatment was unsuccessful.
8) Many general health problems, such as diaetes, high blood pressure and others can be detected early through regular, preventive eye exams.
9) A significant amount of myopia, or near-sightedness, develops during teenage years and can affect children's skills and performance.
10) Vision is the most valued sense in our lives, as reported by many studies. Yet, many people fail to seek preventive exams for their eyes as regularly as they do for other health conditions.